Monday 27 April 2009

Published

So, I keep wanting to make out that I'm an old hand at this writing lark.

The truth is, it's something I've known I could do passably for a long time, but I've done nothing about it. A girl I used to write love letters to used to tell me I should be a writer. She was the kind of person who only made compliments when they were very specific, and true. I write in my job, for comprehension rather than beauty, but I write.

But it's nothing I've ever gotten much done with. I've always had a problem sticking with stuff. The shock of the new rarely has aftershocks with me.

This year the brand is having a major overhaul.

This year I'm getting married.

This year I'm getting my head down and getting out of debt.

This year I'm straight and sober.

This year I'm writing.

And now I've been published. So any attempts to make out like I've always been doing this are blown out of the water as I say, as a writer and somebody who chooses their words carefully, ensuring that what is communicated is exactly what was intended:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and props to:

The Legendary

No comments:

Post a Comment