Thursday 27 August 2009

Scrawl

Another piece of mine has gone up, and it's a piece which owes everything to Scrawl. Scrawl is a place I owe a hell of a lot to, in writing terms. When I decided I wanted to pick it back up, the course I took gave me legs, but Scrawl gave me wings. It's a raucous place, and I've gotten into some duels there, but inspiration, beauty and many good things seep up between the cracks.

My best stories have come from the lovely Katie's flash competitions on there, including this one. Story Garden is an irregular collection of choice pieces from the site, which is a writer's hang-out with bells on. I recommend it to any writer, and I recommend The Story Garden to any reader. I've linked to my story, but it's well worth exploring the whole thing:

'Prologue' in Scrawl: The Story Garden 8

2 comments:

  1. You owe all your success to yourself. Nice going Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim. It's a good start, but there's plenty to go. I seem to have stalled a little right now due to severe overwork, but the Xmas break is going to give me the time I need to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete